Some Tips and Tricks to Pack for Camping
Camping is a favorite activity of many people regardless of ages, genders or professions. From a little camping trip that lasts for 1 or 2 days or a long, exciting camping experience that last for months, there are various ways in which we can enjoy camping. Yet, as enjoyable a hobby as camping is, you cannot just jump into a bus and go to a faraway land to do a camping trip without doing any preparations. In camping, knowing how to prepare and what to pack is essential.
In this article, we will give you some basic tips and tricks on how to pack for a camping trip.
Tip 1 – Knowing the Necessary Details of Your Camping Trip
Planning ahead is very important. Answer these questions:
– Where are you going to? For example, if you are going to a place near the sea, you will need specific items for the climate and weather there. In case you are going into the forest, the things you need will be totally different.
– What are you going to stay in? For instance, if you are going to sleep in a tent, there are pretty much to prepare. Yet if you are going to rent a cabin for some nights, well it is another case.
– Whom are you going with? Imagine if you are going to a camping trip with your kids, there are much more things to prepare than when you are going to stay.
– How long will you stay? Packing for a 3-days trip is different from packing for a 2-week trip.
– How will you get to your destination? Will you go by your own car or by bus?
– When will you depart?
Tip 2 – Make Sure Your Camping Supplies are Enough in Advance
You may have a stock of camping materials in your house. Yet it does not mean you can just use it anytime without making any supplement to it. Ahead of your trips several weeks, check your camping supplies to see if you need to add or remove anything. Some items may be expired and cannot be used anymore. Say goodbye to them and buy the replenishment. Check if there is something special that you needed last time you went for a camping trip yet could not find it in your supplies. Buy some!
Tip 3 – Go for What You Need to Bring, not What You Want to Bring
The thing is sometimes the things you want to bring may not be as necessary as the things you need to bring. So make a priority. Put what you need first, then if you still have space, you can add the things you want.
Tip 4 – Check How Much Space You Will Get
If you are going to the camping place on a car, do not pack huge suitcases. One or two modest suitcases would be enough.
Tip 5 – Pack Smart
Pack smart and you will save yourself a lot of trouble. If you are carrying a back pack, stuff something soft at your back so that you will not be poked the whole walking time.
Tip 6 – First Out, Last In
When you pack, remember to put the things in this order: the first thing you need when you go to the camping site will be the last thing you pack into your bag. So when you arrive, just open the bag and you can have the thing you need without going through the whole bag.
Tip 7 – Check the Weather Forecast